Setting Up a Charity
- Any paid employees must be authorised
- A charity must provide publically accessible information regarding its finances
- Charities must be open, inclusive and serve all or at least a sufficient proportion of the general public If you wish to operate a charity by way of a company, the Registrar of Companies will require further steps to be undertaken in view of the company’s status as a charity which our lawyers can advise you on.
The Structure of a Charity
- Unincorporated Bodies/Associations
- Companies limited by guarantee
- Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIO)
- Community Interest Company (CIC)
Companies Limited by Guarantee
Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIO)
Community Interest Company (CIC)
At Saracens Solicitors we can assist you in choosing the right platform on which to structure your charitable organisation. By selecting the right structure you will be able to manage your charity in a way that can best serve the people or community it has been set up to benefit.
The Relationship between Trustees in
In order to avoid disputes and manage workloads, it is vital that the duties and expectations of trustees are clearly set out. Saracens Solicitors can draft a bespoke constitution document suitable for your charity governing the relationship between the trustees. Alternatively, we can amend / update an existing constitution to bring this in line with the new companies’ legislation. Further, we can advise individual trustees on their duties owed to the charity itself.
The Trading of Goods and Services
by a Charity
Our team can also advise you on any fundraising or sponsorship agreements that the charity may enter into to generate revenue so you can be assured that your organisation is meeting its statutory compliance obligations with both the Charities Commission and the law surrounding companies.
Dissolving a Charity
To talk to one of our lawyers about your charity or not for profit organisation please fill in the form to request a call back or phone us directly on 020 3588 3500.
There are many reasons for wanting to own a healthcare business. Almost all self-employed people value autonomy and creative freedom, often above money. There …
All You Need To Know About Joint Venture Agreements Your business is ready to embark on a new project. You have tested the market, performed …